Let’s Get Ready for Eaaaarrrnnnings!
When Alcoa reports after the bell today, it marks the official beginning of earnings season. In addition to $AA, 10 other companies in total report today including $MON and $LNN which we saw this morning.
The pace picks up over the next couple weeks with 25 reporting per day by the middle of next week and 90+ reporting per day midweek the week after.
Its nirvana for stock junkies on StockTwits with information, analysis, links, charts and trades getting shared and organized at light speed and in real time.
Hang onto your hats.
Here’s some earnings season tips for StockTwits members.
1. StockTwits Trending Tickers – At the top of StockTwits pages you will find a black bar labeled TRENDING.
StockTwits Trending Tickers serve up the stocks that that our members are talking about in real time. They have an uncanny ability to surface what’s happening in the market Now and you will always get alerted to big earnings related stories fast.
2. Stream Filters – Above each Ticker Stream we have filters which allow you to toggle between All, Top, Links and Charts.
Links: The Links filter allows you to see only links that have been shared on a given ticker. So if you are looking for news and commentary on a specific ticker, click this filter and your will get just that.
All: The All Filter gives you every message tagged with the given ticker. This one is great just after earnings when opinions are flying fast and furious
Top: The Top Filter shows messages for only those who are viewed as most engaging by the StockTwits community.
Charts: The Charts Filter shows only charts posted by StockTwits members. This includes an amazing array of talent and approaches.
4. WatchLists – You can create and edit multiple Watchlists on StockTwits which will allow you follow a group of stocks you are most interested in.
HERE is a guide to creating watchlists on StockTwits.
5. Industry Streams - You can find Industry streams by going to a ticker page of a company in the industry and clicking on the industry tab just next to the company name at the top of the page. This will give you a single stream with all messages tagged with stocks in that industry. This is great for days when multiple companies from one industry are reporting.
6. Earnings Call Links – For links to Earnings Calls, follow @earningscast.
blog comments powered by Disqus
StockTwits® is an open, community-powered idea and information service for investments. Users can eavesdrop on traders and investors, or contribute to the conversation and build their reputation as savvy market wizards. The service takes financial related data and structures it by stock, user, reputation, etc. More »
Search by Date